Vibrant water proof?

Last Updated:

1. guarepr

guarepr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Vibrant had a little pool accident yesterday. I was thrown in the pool with my phone in my pocket. I was very upset at the time. I took battery off, sim card and memory card. Placed the phone inside of a bag of rice for about 24 hrs. Took it out several times and saw improvement every time. I plugged it to the charger for a little bit. Phone is working for now.

Advertisement
  2. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

WOW! That's awesome!

3. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Just curious, did the internal moisture indicator change color? Glad your phone is working. That's messed up that someone threw you into the pool.

4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

I think you just got lucky, who ever tossed you in the pool is a stupid idiot and should pay for a replacement if your phone doesn't fully functional like it should.

5. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Agreed! [​IMG]

6. guarepr

guarepr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I agree, it was my girlfriend and she other said that she will pay the $130 lol.

7. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Well-Known Member

lol your girlfriend threw you?

8. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

I would pick the Vibrant over a girl any day of the week. I say dump her. J.k

Umm i just hope the phone doesn't start acting up in a few months when the water/chlorine and other crap in the pool water starts to corrode the internals of the phone.

If you were an expert at tearing down phones I would say take the phone apart and do a 99 percent alcohol rinse to rinse away all that chlorine, pool water, mineral deposits, and other junk.

then again, you may run into more problems

9. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

I was thrown in a pool a few years back with a Samsung SGH-something flip phone (last phone I had before my first iPhone). I was pretty hammered at the time, and took it out of my pocket and threw it out of the pool onto cement, where the battery door and battery flew off. I figured it was done at that point. Well what to you know, 2 days later I put it all back together and it worked just fine!

If something like this happens again and you have access to rubbing alcohol, take the battery out and dunk it in that and let it dry out for a day or 2. Should be fine.

10. RhoninFire

RhoninFire Member

Did you pushed you when you weren't expecting it or threw you? Hard to imagine one girl is able to actually throw a guy in the pool. Just not very common of a girl being physically stronger than the guy.

11. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

12. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I can assure you that the Vibrant is NOT waterproof. My first one bricked and had to be replaced because of a wet application screen protector.

13. DroidDoesReveiws

DroidDoesReveiws Active Member

14. Boodies

Boodies Well-Known Member

is your brain smartproof? seriously...

15. Malhavoc

Malhavoc Active Member

The out of warranty replacement cost for a vibrant will likely be WAY above $130. More like $400-500.

Samsungs hold up against water pretty well, especially when you pull the battery out right away.

As someone mentioned above, you may run into problems down the line if the insides corrode. But I've seen Samsungs that just keep right on trucking even after a swim, so fingers crossed.