Support Vibrate mode only?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoeNothin, Dec 11, 2009.

1. JoeNothin

JoeNothin Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Some of the apps I use only have sound intermittently, like when I push a button it plays a sound. When I try to adjust the media volume, it starts to adjust the ring volume after the sound quits playing.

Is there a way to disable the side buttons for ringtone volume, so that I can leave my phone on vibrate all the time. A number of times I've turned vibrate off while trying to adjust media volume. Very annoying.

Anybody know a way to make this setting?

Advertisement
  2. cunningstunts

cunningstunts Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I would also like to know. I seem to hit the volume rocker when sliding open the keyboard. Turns it from vibrate to low volume constantly. I searched for an app or widget that would toggle vibe/ring, but it seems that the volume rocker buttons always override these settings. I would like to disable the volume rocker, and use a widget to adjust my ring/vibe selection. Anyone have any ideas? (Other than telling me to stop accidentally hitting the buttons! :rolleyes:)

3. cunningstunts

cunningstunts Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Ok, I found a fix to my problem. Used buzzlock app. Locks ringer to vibe, effects nothing else like media sound. Easy to switch on and off. Good app!

4. JoeNothin

JoeNothin Member

Nov 8, 2009
    awesome! That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks for sharing.