• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrate mode only?

JoeNothin

Lurker
Nov 8, 2009
Some of the apps I use only have sound intermittently, like when I push a button it plays a sound. When I try to adjust the media volume, it starts to adjust the ring volume after the sound quits playing.

Is there a way to disable the side buttons for ringtone volume, so that I can leave my phone on vibrate all the time. A number of times I've turned vibrate off while trying to adjust media volume. Very annoying.

Anybody know a way to make this setting?

I would also like to know. I seem to hit the volume rocker when sliding open the keyboard. Turns it from vibrate to low volume constantly. I searched for an app or widget that would toggle vibe/ring, but it seems that the volume rocker buttons always override these settings. I would like to disable the volume rocker, and use a widget to adjust my ring/vibe selection. Anyone have any ideas? (Other than telling me to stop accidentally hitting the buttons! :rolleyes:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones