• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide

Can't seem to get the device found in recovery, I've tried both methods, and just keeps saying device not found. Any ideas, lots of stuff on phone don't wanna lose by factory restarting.

I've tried 2 SD card as well, an 8GB from my Omnia and the 2GB from Verizon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

*edit*

Btw my phone is found via Andriod Screen Monitor everytime, if that helps. I use this to take screen shots in the past.

Also have SDK, and JDK installed with Windows vista 32bit

Thanks

Upvote 0
brand new 10min root video up, enjoy this video. it does a better job at explaining

make sure you add the part about installing busybox... I did not do it and of course I got it to go into adb recovery once and cant get back there now... so I am sol for my busybox for a bit... but thanks for the vid it least got me wifi tethering and superuser installed :)

Upvote 0
if anyone lives by Riverside, CA i'll be happy to root there phone for them :)

Any idea why its no working for me? I've followed your video to the T, also i've tried the driver problem found here.

Just cant seem to get the phone into recovery via the loop method or the sd card clicking method or any other method lol...

not sure why, I'm a savy guy just nothing seems to be working.

Has anyone had this working on vista 32?

Upvote 0
make sure you add the part about installing busybox... I did not do it and of course I got it to go into adb recovery once and cant get back there now... so I am sol for my busybox for a bit... but thanks for the vid it least got me wifi tethering and superuser installed :)

I'm getting ready to try it now...Might end up fed ex-ing you a brick...:eek:

Upvote 0
after
cd:\sdk\tools>adb shell
adb server is out of date. killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error:

then back to
C:\sdk\tools>

I never get further than that, occasionally a 109 error

i've never seen it not start....hmmm..

adb binds to port 5037 so check to see if that is currently being used by your machine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones