• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

video (avi, mp4 etc) syncing problems

mhl

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
I'm completely new to smart phones and android. Just got my Desire today.

How do I put movies into the phone? I tried putting them directly via the USB connection to the micro SDHC card. Music was fine, but I can't seem to locate the movie file in the phone. Is there a special app for accessing it or I need to put it in a specific folder?

Also, another general question... How do I get multiple browser windows?

I'm completely new to smart phones and android. Just got my Desire today.

How do I put movies into the phone? I tried putting them directly via the USB connection to the micro SDHC card. Music was fine, but I can't seem to locate the movie file in the phone. Is there a special app for accessing it or I need to put it in a specific folder?

Also, another general question... How do I get multiple browser windows?

Hey and welcome to the forum.

You did correct by transferring the files using the USB connection, generally you should put the movies in the DCIM folder. This folder contains all of your picture etc.

I personally created a new folder which I called "movies" and put any videos in there.

Now to view your movies you need to disconnect the USB so you can access your SD card again. Then go to the pictures app on your phone. Here there should be an option titled: "All movies" (or similar). Clicking this will take you to a place where you can access your movies. Alternatively you can download a file manager (like astro) and then if you browse your movie and select it, the file manager will load the default video player on the phone.

To have access to multiple windows on the browser you need to click on the menu button when viewing a page. On the bottom middle should be the option: "Windows". Clicking this will take you to a page with all of your windows (7 max). Here you can select a window you want to view, click + to add a new window or click X to remove a current window.

Hope this helps and I hope you love your new desire! I know I do!

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies! I'm quite happy with the phone, but still familiarising with myself around it. The movie thing is still frustrating me... so I think I will give doubletwist a shot.

anyway, I'm with T-mobile. How come my "Market" widget is blocked? I tried both Wi-fi and 3G settings and I experience the same error

EDIT: but my itunes music library is over 69GB, so doubletwist is struggling with the sync >.>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones