• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

video editing problem

PLAZA21

Lurker
Jul 3, 2013
Hi all, so im hoping someone can help me with this frustrating problem..i recently used the camera on my samsung note 2 to video myself practising playing snooker...i let the video record for 30 mins which meant the file is 4GB in size. I want to trim this video down so i can pist just small segmants on youtube etc. So i open the recorded video firstly and try to use the menu button on the note 2 video player to trim...no good, i get a message saying file too large. So i go to google play and download several trimming and video editing apps...guess what...none of them will trim this video ive recored...they will however trim other kind of videos that i have downloaded to my phone...so now i am guessing that any video recorded by the phones camera is obviously protected which is why none of the trimming apps will work on it. So anyone have any ideas??? I am now at a brick wall..totally stumped!! Help pleaee lol

Simon

i get a message saying file too large. So i go to google play and download several trimming and video editing apps...
Do the other apps give that same error?

If that's the case, you might do the video edit on your computer. It's probably more of a hardware issue than software. The file is probably too big to process and edit the information. Maybe insufficient RAM resources to adequately do a proper edit and maintaining original file integrity.

Upvote 0
Thankyou guys for answering my question..yes all apps that i have downlaoded have all had the same error message..either file too large..or the screen just goes blank and reverts back to the original video screen. I guess i will just have to copy the file to my pc then use some editing program online. Thankyou again for your input.
Simon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones