• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading

YouTube - HTC Droid Incredible Downgrade

This will remove Root and Custom Recovery (Clockwork) from your handset.

files:
MyHost Direct Download
Mirror #1
Mirror #2

Instructions:
1. Place PB31IMG.zip on root of SD Card
2. Reboot
3. Hold Down Vol Down into HBoot
4. It will ask if you want to update
5. Select Up to accept
6. Wait..........
7. it'll finish updating and ask to reboot
8. select vol + to choose yes
9. Done

probably a stupid question, but do all three links above host the same file? i just need it from one of the sources listed...right? thx.

Upvote 0
could someone please help me?
i rooted my incredible using unrevoked and it worked, from there i used rom manager and installed the froyo cyamogen mod and my market app was missing....in a panic a re-used unrevoked, didn't help.
so i searched how to unroot.
i followed these instrauctions but after doing the vol down to get to that screen it finds the file but then it doesn't tell me how to update i'm so confused and i can't get marketplace back to download anything!! please help me just unroot my incredible i'm desperate right now!!

Upvote 0
could someone please help me?
i rooted my incredible using unrevoked and it worked, from there i used rom manager and installed the froyo cyamogen mod and my market app was missing....in a panic a re-used unrevoked, didn't help.
so i searched how to unroot.
i followed these instrauctions but after doing the vol down to get to that screen it finds the file but then it doesn't tell me how to update i'm so confused and i can't get marketplace back to download anything!! please help me just unroot my incredible i'm desperate right now!!

follow the first video on the first post of this thread

Upvote 0
follow the first video on the first post of this thread

i did. i'm not thaat dumb. i followed everything perfectly, but it just doesn't go through with it at a certain point.

edit:
it says after trying to load it "no image or wrong image"
and doesn't do anything the video says it's supposed to do

edit again:
found the solution, just had to reformat my sd card.
probably would be useful to include in the first post for newbs like me :)

Upvote 0
I followed the video and it worked exactly until the point where it asked for do you want to update.. Never gave me that option... Just Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, and SIMLOCK..

I did the Clear Storage and it did its thing and brought me back to clean slate and asked me to re register - not a problem...

But want to get rid of the Superuser remnants...

I tried to do it again and it never gives me the question to update?

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I followed the video and it worked exactly until the point where it asked for do you want to update.. Never gave me that option... Just Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, and SIMLOCK..

I did the Clear Storage and it did its thing and brought me back to clean slate and asked me to re register - not a problem...

But want to get rid of the Superuser remnants...

I tried to do it again and it never gives me the question to update?

Any thoughts?

Make sure your sd card is formatted in fat32, make sure PB31IMG.zip file is on root of the card

Upvote 0
when i reformat sd then mount and then connect it to my computer and look at the properties of the sd it still says FAT not FAT32 and it still wont find the file in HBOOT? current software is 1.22.605.2 not OTA...wtf?

i also need to return the phone in 10 days because i received a new one through insurance, and i cant UNROOT. does anyone think they check for root? my screen was cracked thats why i got a new one.

Upvote 0
when i reformat sd then mount and then connect it to my computer and look at the properties of the sd it still says FAT not FAT32 and it still wont find the file in HBOOT? current software is 1.22.605.2 not OTA...wtf?

How are you reformatting? Use a card reader or laptop with an SD slot if you can. Do a full reformat to FAT32 and that should work. I think the 1.22.605.2 is fine, ota's are reflected in the firmware version instead. Mine says 2.1-update1 which is 2.1 with the original OTA from week 2(ish) after the phone was released.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones