• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video MP4 file transfer to Galaxy Note 2

I honestly have no answer here. I had the same thing happen, except it was the other way around. I downloaded the digital copy and played it on my PC. Then transferred it to my previous Note. It worked right away without any issues. But then all of a sudden it coughed and gagged on the copy. Also lost the digital copy when I swapped out my motherboard for a RMA'd one. Picked it up as being another PC. Got tired of this DRM mess and just 'found' a copy of the movie I bought without this DRM hassle.

Yeah, I'm looking into converting my entire library to DRM free (but that's gonna take an extremely long process). Thanks for chiming in, NG.

Upvote 0
Ok i have finally resolved the issue with my galaxy note 2, the reason the films will not play is because my micro sd card is 32gb? however all the films i have will play on a 16gb sd card.........still wondering though why that would be.

Hmmm...that's interesting.

Did you copy the files from the 32gb onto the 16gb or from a different source to the 16gb?

Upvote 0
Hmmm...that's interesting.

Did you copy the files from the 32gb onto the 16gb or from a different source to the 16gb?
I copied all the films from my external Hard Drive onto the 16gb SD Card. I have spoken to someone else who had the same problem and they too had to use the 16gb card?

Samsung have some what let themselves down here i think, a great device but with a very basic error that no one seems to know the reason as to why it occures?

Upvote 0
I copied all the films from my external Hard Drive onto the 16gb SD Card. I have spoken to someone else who had the same problem and they too had to use the 16gb card?

Samsung have some what let themselves down here i think, a great device but with a very basic error that no one seems to know the reason as to why it occures?

I know the question has been asked already, but how did you format the 32gb microSD when you first put it into the phone? Did you just place it in the phone and start moving files over?

Before concluding that it's the 32gb card vs. the 16gb card (something I see as highly unlikely), I would first try to format the 32gb microSD, while in your phone, then move the videos over to the phone. The difference between a 32gb vs. 16gb shouldn't be a difference maker at all.

That said, I can see the Class of the microSD being a factor, as there have been some people reporting issues with Class 10 cards that have had issues. I fortunately haven't had a problem with the files that I've had on my past 2 devices (knock on wood), but I have seen people report issues with Class 10 cards (depending on what kind).

Upvote 0
Ok i have finally resolved the issue with my galaxy note 2, the reason the films will not play is because my micro sd card is 32gb? however all the films i have will play on a 16gb sd card.........still wondering though why that would be.
Hmm... I have a 64gb micro SD card, and my video .mp4 files play fine on the stock video player. All of my video files, however, were ripped from DVD (or Blu-Ray) and converted via Handbrake.

Upvote 0
Sandisk 64gb u1 card
Fat32 working on all kernels
Exfat working on bullet kernel and perseus kernel
Verified working

I have the same card. Formatted through the phone (which I believe formats to Fat32) and haven't had any issues. Transferred over tons of videos, all different formats (mostly wmv and mp4) and all of them play fine, with exception to some that got corrupted in the transfer and others that have DRM encoding issues that I've been too lazy to fix through one of the many programs mentioned. Maybe that'll be my project tonight.

I also found out, from my cousin, about an app that I have grown quickly fond of within the 10 hours that it's been installed on both my Note 2 and Note 8.0. Not available through the Play Store, but is available through Amazon App store. App is called Tubemate. For those interested, just go view the description to understand what it does. It's definitely a "must have" app, IMO.

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung 32GB Class 10 formatted to exFAT. So far, still working on stock non rooted Note 2. Also have a 1TB external HDD formatted in exFAT working as well with USB OTG. Just need an external power source for it though.

LOL. I love Rubenstein and use it on a regular basis. Here's their official site: TubeMate YouTube Downloader 1.05.52 - Official Website

I spent a couple hours last night on this freaking app. So easy to use, no learning curve...Amazing!

Are there any other similar apps that work on other websites with embedded flash videos and such? I had been using FVD, but for some reason I can't get it to work right anymore. I did, when I first downloaded the app, but I don't get a prompt anymore.

Upvote 0
I've not had a problem with MP4 files in general, but I have an issue with my 32gb card - it works fine in PCs but when I put it into my note2 it gets SEVERELY corrupted, folder names end up with weird characters, files that I didnt add appear (with just random symbols as the names), most of the files wont open, etc... no problem with the same files on my 16gb card... was wondering if the card was bad, will try the formatting-in-device trick and report back.

Upvote 0
I've not had a problem with MP4 files in general, but I have an issue with my 32gb card - it works fine in PCs but when I put it into my note2 it gets SEVERELY corrupted, folder names end up with weird characters, files that I didnt add appear (with just random symbols as the names), most of the files wont open, etc... no problem with the same files on my 16gb card... was wondering if the card was bad, will try the formatting-in-device trick and report back.

Where did u buy the card? I remember seeing that type of thing from a fake ebay card. Reason i knew it was fake was I loaded the entire card up with files till almost full, then tried deleting files, but memory still showed full.

In addition to that, when placing files back on, I noticed the characters u mentioned.

Upvote 0
Where did u buy the card? I remember seeing that type of thing from a fake ebay card. Reason i knew it was fake was I loaded the entire card up with files till almost full, then tried deleting files, but memory still showed full.

In addition to that, when placing files back on, I noticed the characters u mentioned.

Interesting story. My mother bought a Viewsonic Windows 7 tablet off eBay and it came with the card, but she had her own with her files on it so she gave the card to me since my largest at the time was 16gb. I didnt really need it so I set it aside till now (I was still using an iPhone and iPad so it was useless to me)

Now that I'm using it, yeah, that's the problem... tried to copy files over and had problems. put ~1.22gb of MP4s/MKVs/etc on it to test the issue in this thread and it worked fine, tried to copy my 12gb music library over and started getting "the directory is corrupt, cannot copy" errors... so I think it's really a 4gb chip in a 32gb shell that's been hacked for fake capacity... gonna have to order a new one from Amazon or some other retail location...

But, on the thread topic... no problems with playing the files, so my guess is it's an encoding issue (or like me a bad card)

EDIT:
just remembered I do have a legic 32gb card from Tiger in my tablet (filled it up with some BluRay rips and watched them all without issue on the Note 10.1) may try putting it in my note2 to see if it works...

Upvote 0
Interesting story. My mother bought a Viewsonic Windows 7 tablet off eBay and it came with the card, but she had her own with her files on it so she gave the card to me since my largest at the time was 16gb. I didnt really need it so I set it aside till now (I was still using an iPhone and iPad so it was useless to me)

Now that I'm using it, yeah, that's the problem... tried to copy files over and had problems. put ~1.22gb of MP4s/MKVs/etc on it to test the issue in this thread and it worked fine, tried to copy my 12gb music library over and started getting "the directory is corrupt, cannot copy" errors... so I think it's really a 4gb chip in a 32gb shell that's been hacked for fake capacity... gonna have to order a new one from Amazon or some other retail location...

But, on the thread topic... no problems with playing the files, so my guess is it's an encoding issue (or like me a bad card)

EDIT:
just remembered I do have a legic 32gb card from Tiger in my tablet (filled it up with some BluRay rips and watched them all without issue on the Note 10.1) may try putting it in my note2 to see if it works...

You can get a 32 for around $20 nowadays and deals come up all the time for the 64 at around $45-50, so I'd say it'd be worth getting another, just so you don't have to swap back and forth between the 2 devices. My only 'bit of advice is to stick with the reputable companies directly (even with Amazon, be sure it's Amazon that is selling and not a 3rd party).

Upvote 0
You can get a 32 for around $20 nowadays and deals come up all the time for the 64 at around $45-50, so I'd say it'd be worth getting another, just so you don't have to swap back and forth between the 2 devices. My only 'bit of advice is to stick with the reputable companies directly (even with Amazon, be sure it's Amazon that is selling and not a 3rd party).

I still have my 16gb card which holds all my music and a few videos, and I carry my tablet with me when I go, so I wont have to swap back and forth, but yeah... gonna have to see about that, I think I paid like $45 for my 32gb "ultra-speed" a few months ago...

yeah, I dont trust any flash memory from eBay, not cards not thumbdrives, nothing.. been burned several times on alla them. (really dissapointing since the prices are so much better --- but not worth the high risk)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones