• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Recording - The Truth!

Okay I've read on one website that the Google Nexus S allows '720p video capture' whilst on another it states '480p SD video quality' :thinking:

Whats the deal here? Can I record at 720p or not?

The Nexus S Launch Page at one point listed "HD" video recording as one of the features. On the specs page, though, it said it recorded in 720x480, which is ED (Enhanced Definition) at best. The features page has since been edited and the mention of HD recording removed. That's partially what led to a lot of the confusion.

As danetweedale mentions, the site claiming 720p is probably confused by the 720x480 figure.

Now before you get all disappointed, I think the Nexus S does a great job at recording video, even though it's not HD resolution. I've had the chance to compare videos with the Vibrant, which does record in 720p, and I really feel that the Nexus S' video looks better, with a smoother framerate and a nicer picture.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones