• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

videos never play when switch to HD mode

monkies

Dec 16, 2009
sf, ca
I noticed a lot of times when you play a YouTube video, it just doesn't play. Sometimes they do play and I go to switch to HD mode and then a message pops up saying the video can't be played. I thought this was a YouTube issue only, but it also happens with my app Where when I try to watch movie previews and switch to HD.

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem..it takes forever for a video to load and that's only if it decides to. It may play a few seconds and then it just freezes. I'm lucky to get these videos in normal play and almost never am able to get them in high quality mode. Is that because they don't all come in high quality mode? I guess I'm more frustrated with the problem of opening the video and having them play all the way through. Any input on this would really be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones