• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VillainROM 10

ok, just tried both ways, and the manual update appears to have worked. However, despite it now allowing my to configure the synch to my Facebook account, I've no widget or mention of Facebook in Apps so can't actually access it???

I had previously downloaded it from the market (as has been suggested by phillevy). Just needed the update to sync my contacts ;)

Upvote 0
For those who are having Battery drain issues, a couple of points...

1. the battery life always seems to be poor after flashing a new ROM. Give it a couple of days to sort itself out.

2. Make sure you have wiped your battery stats in Amon Ra, if you are not sure whether you did, do it now.

3. If you have a nice ISP that provides a good PRL list then change your preferred network type to 'GSM auto (PRL)' by dialling *#*#INFO#*#* then go to Phone Info and change the first drop down, then just back out (no need to save). If you have trouble connecting to mobile data after this then your ISP has a poor PRL list and you'll have to change it back to 'WCDMA preferred' and suffer the extra battery usage.

Personally I'm getting great battery life in this ROM (Best so far and I've used all the MoDaCo's, Villains and SenseROMs).

Thanks, I will try number two and three! :)

Upvote 0
hi guys,

Am nt able to find Keyboard after flashing from v5.5 to v10. Even after trying all kind of stuf like wipe and reflash ROM nothng is working out. Is there any way to resolve ths.

Since am lil new to these stuff i might need lil detailed reply coz i went thru many blogs bt i dnt knw wht adb install is and how to do it so cldnt follow it up..

Please help me out guys..:(

Upvote 0
Ive so far found this rom to be worst of the lot for bugs and force close.
Terrible..

Wow, you are certainly in the minority as most are reporting this to be the best so far.

I'd suggest you try re-flashing the ROM, perhaps something went wrong. Also did you do a full Titanium restore? If so that will cause a lot of force closes. You should only restore missing user apps when changing ROM.

Upvote 0
Made the mistake of applying the Facebook sync patch. Now when I get a text, sometimes it comes up as from somebody else and not the person who sent it !!
Phone calls the same, showing wrong contact.
How can I cure this ?

EDIT: Sorted this bit. Went to settings/Accounts & sync and deleted the Facebook account.
can do without that for a while till it's sorted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones