• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Galaxy S3 Lte Connection on CM 12

I recently rooted my s3, and flashed the Cyanogenmod 12.1-20150527-NIGHTLY-d2spr ROM.

3G and lower works great, but I am unable to connect to the LTE network. I initially believed it was an APN problem, and flashed this: (android forums -> virgin-mobile-mod-universal-lte-virgin-mobile-apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298), without success. I tried updating/adding apns manually, but still am unable to connect to 4G.

My model is SPH-L710, and current baseband is L710VPUCNDC.

Let me know if you have any advice/solutions!

I recently rooted my s3, and flashed the Cyanogenmod 12.1-20150527-NIGHTLY-d2spr ROM.

3G and lower works great, but I am unable to connect to the LTE network. I initially believed it was an APN problem, and flashed this: (android forums -> virgin-mobile-mod-universal-lte-virgin-mobile-apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298), without success. I tried updating/adding apns manually, but still am unable to connect to 4G.

My model is SPH-L710, and current baseband is L710VPUCNDC.

Let me know if you have any advice/solutions!
I answered you in another thread, but I will here too.
1. Boot to recovery and wipe to install new ROM
2. Flash ROM, gapps, and apn fix
3. Boot to system
4. Boot back to recovery and dirty flash ROM and gapps again (no wipes and no APN fix)
5. Boot up system and profit!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones