• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Mods and Customizations for any AOSP based 4.4.2 ROMs

Ab5traktion

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2012
I found this while searching for d2spr Android 4.4.2 ROMS. Technically, it's for the CandyKat ROM. I tried the ROM for almost an hour but the GPS didn't seem to work and that was a huge no-no for me. So, I decided to see if it would work with other ROMs, and it does. I've used it with every d2lte/d2spr ROM I've flashed. I've been having a lot of fun with it, since you can make the 4.4.2 ROMs look the way you want it to look. Create your own experience.

I should say that I've been using the Sweetner Pack 1 V2.2 but there is a Sweetner Pack 2 V2.4 for more Navigation Bar Mods. Not sure if you can dirty flash this or not. I've been clean flashing this after flashing the ROM and GAPPS.

The Mods with this available with this include:

- LockRings
- GlowDotz
- Custom HALO
- Scrubbers (volume|media handles)
- LockMax
- Wifi Icons
- Signal Icons
- In-Call Icons
- LockScreen Targets
- Clear All Icons

Candy Sweetner Themes and Mods: Themes and Mods - Welcome to The Candy Shop

Reactions: Darien153
ase4usag.jpg

It looks pretty nice. Wish there were more!

Upvote 0
That's what I posted the picture for! It works on liquid smooth :) just wish I could get a different 4G sign and really that would complete me lol

That actually would be nice. I know that feature is included in other ROMs. I don't know if there is an Xposed module that'll let you change it. But I always enjoy the ability to customize. Were you able to dirty flash the Candy Sweetner?

Upvote 0
That actually would be nice. I know that feature is included in other ROMs. I don't know if there is an Xposed module that'll let you change it. But I always enjoy the ability to customize. Were you able to dirty flash the Candy Sweetner?

Yep that what i did! It wiped dalvic cache at the end so it should be good. no crashes yet so it's ok to dirty flash I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones