• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Anyone wanna test a bug fix?

HaTrEd360

Android Expert
Aug 18, 2012
So as Loony said... Morningcall is the cause of our factory reset issue when rebooting into CWM with an app. It acts as a panic button basically and resets our phone.

What I'm asking, is does anyone want to remove the file from their system, and then try to boot into recovery using the Quick Boot app and see if it causes a factory reset?

The file is in /system/bin/morningcall

edy4azy6.jpg

Ah ha. Okay. Thanks for trying, sorry you had to deal with that.... Loki may just be our only chance as of now. :/

Also, I take it back, cwm cannot be permanently flashed on ZV6. After I flashed the zip from 2nd-init, I rebooted, then tried to hold the button combos after turning on the phone, and it just hung on starting recovery.

BUTTTTTT

You can however access 2nd-init whenever you want to, by turning on the phone, and as soon as the LG logo appears, keep pressing the home button repeatedly and it will enter recovery. But it isn't the permanent one. It's 6.0.3.1 I think it was, which is the 2nd init recovery. The permanent one is supposed to be 6.0.4.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones