• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] DSP Manager!

Hey HaTrEd360,
Can you give a few more details about how to get the DSPManager running?

I have ROOT.
I pasted it into System/Apps with Root Browser. Set permissions as described (rw-r--r--)
I rebooted and saw message "Android upgrading"

After fully booting ran Google Play Music, opened DSPManager interface but changes have no effect on sound.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob

Upvote 0
I can not reasonably explain this... but after 3 reboots and still not working I gave up and went to dinner. When I returned I tried the DSPManager through Bluetooth and it WORKED! Next I tried the headset port and IT WORKED!

so... please disregard the problem.

However, I have to say, even with the DSP Manager, the sound is still not as good that produced by either of my two previous phones (Optimus V and Galaxy Reverb).
Anybody else feel the same?
Rob

Upvote 0
Well I still have yet to find the correct libs to paste into the system as well, every time I try any it either completely ruins sound or leaves me in a boot loot and then I have to adb the phone to remove the libs. So it is only working to an extent, but it does help a bit. Least now you don't have a second app you need to run in the background or in the notification drawer to have an equalizer. That gets annoying, yeah? Haha, I'm glad it worked for you tho. :)

One also big reason is this phone is definitely not made for its audio. Hell, my old Evo 3D output enough power to my car stereo I only had the stereos volume up to 18/50 for full effect. This phone I have to set it to at least 40/50 to get full effect. LG did a great job on this phone, but they still have messed up audio drivers and libs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones