• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile Version - Out of Storage!

wagohn

Lurker
Apr 24, 2015
Hello all,

First time poster and Im confused. 2 week old phone that was bought out of desperation when my wife lost her old phone and we were leaving on a trip. Hence no research. Is this thing really out of storage with only 6 apps loaded? She put facebook, news app, bejewelled etc on (6 apps) and the phone is FULL!!!!! and there is no way to send the apps to SD card. How did this thing pass QA?

PLEASE tell me there is a way to root and fit a custom ROM so that is is capable of doing what all $50 phones have been able to do for the last 3 years - use the SD cards for installing apps.

I really don't want to go the appstoSD route as that's too complicated long term.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for a root/ROM combo that with make this phone usable?

Thanks all.

Thanks guys. I installed Link2SD and though it helped a little, I now ave 300mb of free space, it still is goofy to have a 32gb sd card empty and the internal storage jumping thru hoops to eek out a few more apps.

Its my understanding that Link2SD will not move the apps apk file so all I've accomplished is the possibility to install 4 or 5 more apps until internal is full again.

Upvote 0
Hello all,

First time poster and Im confused. 2 week old phone that was bought out of desperation when my wife lost her old phone and we were leaving on a trip. Hence no research. Is this thing really out of storage with only 6 apps loaded? She put facebook, news app, bejewelled etc on (6 apps) and the phone is FULL!!!!! and there is no way to send the apps to SD card. How did this thing pass QA?

PLEASE tell me there is a way to root and fit a custom ROM so that is is capable of doing what all $50 phones have been able to do for the last 3 years - use the SD cards for installing apps.

I really don't want to go the appstoSD route as that's too complicated long term.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for a root/ROM combo that with make this phone usable?

Thanks all.
I agree 100%. These prepaid smart phone are not what they use to be at all. They are full of bloatware, apps are constantly updating. I do not update any apps except Chrome and even it has updates too often. I jad a Chrome update yesterday then another just today. REDICULOUS. Other than that I will not update any other apps unless they start to misbehave. I have the same device as you do and before this one I had a few others and they are all the same junk. You can not move apps to the sd unless you root the device, leaving you with a small amount of internal storage after installing 6 to 7 apps and the application cache of each app doesnt take long at all to have to clear them. They fill up with large amounts of data very quickly. Facebook being the worse followed by Chrome. I started using the mobile web instead of the apps themselves where possible by simply adding a shortcut to the homescreen. The good old days are gone when you could move most apps to the sd without rooting and there were less updates. A middle finger to you Mr. Zuckerberg. He preaches free internet to 3rd world countries and sticks it to us right here at home. I miss my old BBerry. No offense. I have a question myself. Is rooting the Optimus F3 fairly easy?
Good Luck
And
Thanks
M.Hunt
P.S. I am a great, fast learner if given imformation.
Thanks Again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones