• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virtual mousepad app desperately needed

Would a virtual onscreen mousepad app be useful to you?

• Total voters

johngoodin

Mar 18, 2012
Suggestion

You have a android keyboard how about a a Droid virtual mousepad? I have a nook color. At the best of times a touchscreen simply does cut it. You can't select an item simply because its way too small. A lot of mobile apps and mobile web pages simply can't be resized (zoomed into) to make selection of items easier.

Some common controls just simply don't respond well to a touch screen. The search button in the Google play app is one such. I can touch it, it responds with a click sound and perhaps a color or size change but nothing at all happens. Finally on the third or forth touch I gets a dialog. Cm7 and android itself is in bad desperate need of virtual android mousepad. The Puffin web browser has a mousepad option.

1. Mousepad could be dragged wherever needed
2. Sliding finger in the pad would move virtual mouse pointer over screen.
3. Single tapping inside the pad would do a single click. Dido for double.

Every web search and Google play search I have done only turns up some sort of virtual mouse for remote control of other hardware... 8-((

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones