virtuous rom

Last Updated:

1. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have been looking at this rom mainly because i have heard that it has very good battery life but other than that those of you who use it can you tell me some of you favorite parts of this rom

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

It was my first ROM after rooting and I love it. Besides SR it is by far the most stable ROM I've used. It's very close to stock froyo without all the crapware and it's very customizable. The support and community are large, the dev has an excellent selection of additional software, and you pretty much get to make it your own. Try it!

Oh yeah....and battery life with custom kernel and a screen off profile via setcpu is tremendous. BFS#2 was excellent as well.

mike1 likes this.
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

jbdan did a good job of describing it. Stable, some bloatware removed, tools provided to remove more stuff if you choose, yet not massively different than stock Froyo either. It uses the htc sense ui, but I personally like the sense ui myself. It is just good stuff. My overall experience with it has been that it "just works."

Home webpage for it here: Virtuous ROM

mike1 likes this.
  4. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys i will be downloading it tonight

5. dscribe

To get good battery life you need to install the custom kernel version and get the SetCPU app from the market and set up at least one profile to underclock when you have screen off.

P.S. If you get the ROM Manager app, there is a whole section in this great app providing access for Virtuous and goodies/modifications that go along with it.

6. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having this error when opening the market? "A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

I get this when I hit downloads . . . any help?

7. dscribe

Same here, and it wasn't doing this till tonight so I would say the problem is with the market and not with your phone. Be patient and it should clear up eventually.

8. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

I love Virtuous.