• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virus detection

S

shirall

Hi

I own a Galaxy Ace Mini.
I am repeatedly receiving a virus warning from mobicorp stating that a virus had been detected whilst browsing 'ADULT WEBSITES' (which I dont)

It tells me to press the button and they will scan. What exactly is this. is it a scam? I just refresh and start again

Hey guys! This is my first post. I was trying to start a new thread to introduce myself and ask some questions about Androids in general, but was not able to find where to begin new threads.

So basically, I'm an iPhone user at the moment and due for an upgrade so thinking of moving over to Android. My first concern is viruses though as I've heard Androids are more susceptible to viruses than iPhones. Is this true? How easy is it to circumvent?

Thanks!

Rob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones