Visa Payments

Last Updated:

1. Peterpoose

Peterpoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks, i have started to buy apps from the market so i have placed my credit card details etc into the phone and all is well, apart from the fact that when i buy an app it doesnt ask for any security password or anything i mean if i lost my phone someone could just buy stuff without the phone asking for any kind of password etc to proceed with the purchase. Is there something i can setup via phone or app so that anything i buy has to require a password first before it can be used?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Peterpoose

/bump

Someone must be able to answer this as its quite important.

3. Peterpoose

/bump

4. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is, however a work around would be is to purchase a Giftcard from your bank or a prepaid debit card with a set amount, use that one once and than go to your Google checkout and delete your Visa method of payment.

5. Peterpoose

Thanks alot for your answer, cant believe no one has made an simple app for this or google havent implmented something within the phone for extra security shame. Thanks guess il just have to look after my phone even more now )

6. droidboss40

droidboss40 Member

i bought a 25$ prepaid visa giftcard and i have checked continusly the information entered is right but everytime i go to buy something it never authorizes the purchase and keeps saying error and problems it is very frustarting

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

There is an app control solution, that I've read that you can use to restrict access to certain apps, settings.

Also, if you lose the phone, change all of your passwords, that should protect you.