• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Visson ATV-108 Rev 1 All Around Support]

Draugr

Lurker
Mar 9, 2012
Hi all.

I have searched through the forums and found lots of great info on firmware updates, and a FAQ on how to install these custom updates. The thing I didn't seem to find is an ALL AROUND support thread. What do I mean by ALL AROUND? Well, not simply a thread covering firmware updates, or installation of these firmware updates, but a single thread to ask other support related questions. For example how can I get app xyz working, Can someone recommend a good gamepad for the Visson ATV-108 device, etc...

So, I am starting this thread and hopefully others will stop by and ask their questions and yet others may supply answers. I'll take these questions and answers and add them to one of the two posts directly below this one.

The Two Main Topics will be...

[HELP: xxx doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix, or supply a work around?]

and

[HELP: Hardware and Software Suggestions to Enhance the Visson ATV-108 Rev 1]

With that, I'm going to start adding my personal questions. :)

AP-ATV-1022(B).jpg

[Questions]

001: Does anyone know how to get the Netflix App running?

Problem: I've installed the app, but when I try to launch it the screen turns black like it is loading, then goes back to the desktop.

Answers: [stane1983] Netflix does have lot of issues on amlogic platforms. Some ODMs made fix for this on their own. I'm not working on netflix issue (and I have arrangement with Visson that I will keep updating their c03ref device as much as I can, but I'm bussy with other things). Problem is with LibPlayer libraries in Amlogic sources. Amlogic promised that they will solve the issue with LibPlayer so I think there should be an update with netflix working.

See Post #4 for full response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0
[Questions]

001: I wish to use Bluetooth on my Visson ATV-108 Rev 1!

Question: Can anyone recommend a bluetooth USB dongle that will work with this system? I have a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and would love to use it while sitting on my couch across the room from my Visson ATV-108 and HDTV.

Answers: [stane1983] I can confirm it is working with Canyon USB dongle with broadcom chipset.

See Post #5 for full response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0
[Questions]

001: Does anyone know how to get the Netflix App running?

Problem: I've installed the app, but when I try to launch it the screen turns black like it is loading, then goes back to the desktop.

Answers:

Netflix does have lot of issues on amlogic platforms. Some ODMs made fix
for this on their own. I'm not working on netflix issue (and I have
arrangement with Visson that I will keep updating their c03ref device
as much as I can, but I'm bussy with other things). Problem is with LibPlayer libraries in Amlogic sources. Amlogic promised that they will solve the issue with LibPlayer so I think there should be an update with netflix working.

Upvote 0
[Questions]

001: I wish to use Bluetooth on my Visson ATV-108 Rev 1!

Question: Can anyone recommend a bluetooth USB dongle that will work with this system? I have a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and would love to use it while sitting on my couch across the room from my Visson ATV-108 and HDTV.

Answers:

With my latest firmwares BT works with ATV-108 rev 1 for some dongles. I can confirm it is working with Canyon USB dongle with broadcom chipset.

Note: device must be booted with BT dongle already connected to it, otherwise it will not work.

Upvote 0
as much as I can, but I'm bussy with other things). Problem is with LibPlayer libraries in Amlogic sources. Amlogic promised that they will solve the issue with LibPlayer so I think there should be an update with netflix working.

I have used pocketcloud to stream from my pc to my phone. Netflix will work as does youtube. I guess it should also stream to tv box

Upvote 0

hi have been able to stream netflix with audio to my htc desire from win7 pc using splashtop remote. works quite well. Can u stream to your tv box

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones