Visual Voicemail - Still There After Service Shut Off?

Last Updated:

1. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the original Samsung Instinct (not android). It has visual voicemail. Works great..best feature a phone can have, IMO. Anyway, what I'd like to know is, if I deactivate this phone, will those message still be able to be accessed on this phone, within the visual voicemail?

The reason I would like to know this is I have several months' worth of voicemails from my brother, and he passed away in March. I don't want to lose his messages. I plan to somehow record them eventually, but I would like to know if I can just pick up my phone and listen to them once this phone is no longer being used.

(and there is no way to tell it to send the messages to the SD card. Tried that when a Verizon guy showed me that he could do that on his Droid.)

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

That's a darn good question... I'd find a way to record them, since they mean so much to you. In fact, I'll try looking into a method of recording them.

3. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you!! I did just try something - putting my phone in airplane mode still gave me access to visual voicemail messages. Hmm..