• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visual Voicemail - Still There After Service Shut Off?

Puddin422

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
I have the original Samsung Instinct (not android). It has visual voicemail. Works great..best feature a phone can have, IMO. Anyway, what I'd like to know is, if I deactivate this phone, will those message still be able to be accessed on this phone, within the visual voicemail?

The reason I would like to know this is I have several months' worth of voicemails from my brother, and he passed away in March. I don't want to lose his messages. I plan to somehow record them eventually, but I would like to know if I can just pick up my phone and listen to them once this phone is no longer being used.

(and there is no way to tell it to send the messages to the SD card. Tried that when a Verizon guy showed me that he could do that on his Droid.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones