Vlingo AppGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I noticed Vlingo is in the market now for $9.99. It looks like they added a lot of features from the beta. Have anyone tested it out? Also, does it work with google voice for sms?

On a side note, does any one have a list of all commands as well as examples for the built it Voice to Text feature?

Advertisement
  2. mcapehart

mcapehart Active Member

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be supporting GV...strange, because I have my SMS configured with no default so I'm prompted every time to select "Messaging" or "Handcent" or "GV". For Vlingo it only shows "Messaging" and "Handcent".

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Wow $10 I like my free version so far :)

4. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Us official beta testers have been promised a free copy but have to wait? kind of strange, I'd like to hurry and try it out, it does seem that they have added a few features plus it comes with safereader which the beta did not.

5. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That stinks, I was hoping I can do hands free sms with GV through Vlingo.

6. pdap

pdap Member

I downloaded the .apk from the xda forum website (registration was required) and I started playing with the app a little bit, however.... do I need to be connected to either wifi or 3G to make the app work????

7. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

you do that is the only problem with it

8. smooches680

smooches680 Member

I signed up for the beta testing of the vlingo for android and they sent me the link but once installed and opened i click on the activation code but it wont allow me to key in the activation code i was given. It takes me to the paid application which is suppose to be free for testers. Now what?

9. Hacked

Hacked Member

It's an awesome app my only complaint is I'm not a fan of the keyboard, since I like the voice integration when I'm texting and don't wanna say "Text: whoever" I just wanna say it. if they could integrate it with Swype that would be awesome.

10. goseminoles

goseminoles Member

I used the Vlingo app on my Blackberry Storm, and was less than impressed with it. It got really frustrating saying the same thing over and over again to get it correct. I find the standard app on the Incredible is much better at voice to text.

11. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

Blackberry is just not user friendly. Everything takes twice as long on one and doesn't do a tenth of what the dinc will. My bb was so frustrating, take 5 mins to load a web page dinc takes seconds.

12. ShadowFX

ShadowFX Member

Same here smooches...where do we put in the activation code?? I wanna try this app out!!

13. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

where do you sign up for the beta testing??

14. wesmorry

wesmorry New Member

I have it and love it. I don't have to say things more than once or twice as long as I turn off the radio and speak into the phone. My only complaint (and I would like to ask if any one has a fix...) I now have a Bluetooth since downloading the Vlingo app. I still have to speak into the phone even while the bluetooth is working when I want to text or have a text read to me. I can make a call through the blue tooth though. Where as my boyfriend has a bluetooth and it all goes through his BT earpiece so he can speak and listen all through the BT. It is a little frustrating...

15. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Go into Vlingo, tap Menu and tap Settings. Then go to Advanced Settings and check off Listen over Bluetooth.

16. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member

Does Vlingo do the same things as Edwin?