• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
1. Since instaliing yesterday I have had 3 updates download to my Eris, which version is the current version i downloaded beta-1.3.0 from the link and am up to 1.3.0.3 currently, is anyone else noticing this.

2. I am unable to use voice for entering text in information such as text and email, it works fine for bringing up the app, sms, email or phone but no voice for additional information. I have tried to activate the vlingo keyboard when I open the stock eris keyboard comes up (no microphone)? I have tried both with use vlingo keyboard checked and unchecked. I am running the 2.1 OTA that i received yesterday morning (May 16).

I have not found any similar reports on here as of yet.

Upvote 0
Yes, I got the vlingo from the link at the beginning of the thread. I have had 3 updates in the last hour which is not a problem, just unusual. But as of yet I still have no speech to text and the vlingo keyboard does not show up even when checked. I am not sure if I would even like the keyboard, but I would like to attempt to send a message with speech. I can open the app but notenter any text within the app's.

Upvote 0
Yes, I got the vlingo from the link at the beginning of the thread. I have had 3 updates in the last hour which is not a problem, just unusual. But as of yet I still have no speech to text and the vlingo keyboard does not show up even when checked. I am not sure if I would even like the keyboard, but I would like to attempt to send a message with speech. I can open the app but notenter any text within the app's.

I think you need to have it checked in 2 different. The easiest way to do it is to go to the Vlingo application. Then click info and follow the instructions in there.

You can also go to settings on your language in keyboard and make sure Vlingo is check there. And just long press where you wanna text or email or type or whatever and click Vlingo. This is the same thing as going into info in the vlingo application, just another method.

Ps l use Vlingo to reply to this post.

Upvote 0
Good Morning Android Beta Testers,

We couldn't have done it without you!

Okay, maybe we could have. But it would have been much harder and not nearly as fun. And we certainly would not have the product we have today without your support and hard work. So if we haven't said it already -

THANK YOU!

As promised, we wanted to provide you with a free version of Vlingo for Android for your contributions. In order to redeem, simply visit http://************** and enter the code below:

Additionally (shhh, it's still a secret), we have another beta that's coming up this summer to test a big new feature. Please unsubscribe from this list if you're not interested in participating, otherwise we'll drop you a note in a few weeks when we're ready to start testing. As always, if you choose to help us out, you'll have free access to all the new products, features and upgrades as we roll them out on Android devices.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy your free copy of Vlingo. You'll need to uninstall the current beta version in order to upgrade. We fixed a few bugs and improved performance, so it's definitely worth the switch.
Thanks again on behalf of everyone here at Vlingo. We'll be in touch.

Best,

TJ Leonard

Director, Product Marketing

I guess something else is happening soon. I'll remember to drop a link to sign up for beta testing for whatever it is.

Upvote 0
It would be nice if Vlingo could add calendar appointments by voice. When I'm driving, I use the commercial JOTT service for this, e.g. "At 1pm meet with Bob" or "Tuesday at 10am lunch with Joe". It's not very expensive (I pay $10 every year for 10 minutes of "PayGo") but it would be nicer and probably more accurate if it was integrated into the phone.

A Vlingo API for Android would be cool too ... I looked and couldn't find one.

Upvote 0
Me too.

I have version 1.3.0.40661

Nowhere do I see beta.

Me too. I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but sometimes it is humorous to see what it thinks I said. When I first got it, I was showing off by sending a text to my daughter.

What I said: "I'm not typing this"
What Vlingo heard: "I'm not a penis"

Didn't send it, but did tell her about it later. Naturally, a 15 year old found that hilarious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones