• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice command profiles?

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I use the voice commands from the google search widget a lot. I seem to find more and more shortcuts with it that are really helpful. So far here is what I have found that it identifies as an action

Navigate to
Map of
Call

Great shortcuts for "Navigate to" are:
"Navigate to nearest starbucks"
It will give you a list of starbucks starting with the closest one to you. Click on it and away you go.

I like to use the "Map of" option if I am in an unfamiliar city and I want to see where they are on the map in respect to me.

I'll say "Map of nearest starbucks" It then brings up a map of your location and the starbucks around you. If you click on the starbuck icon, you can get directions, navigate, call, street view or add as a contact.

Another great travel one we use is to find close gas stations to the highway along our route. My wife and I do quite a bit of driving and we are the type who like to spend the least amount of time off the highway. So, as we drive down to... lets say new mexico, we know we need gas soon. Road signs say Raton 15 miles. There are 3 exits in Raton. Which one will get us off and on the highway the quickest.

Map of gas stations in Raton New Mexico.

This shows all the gas stations. Zoom in, find the one thats closest to the feeway and click on navigate. Usually don't have to navigate on that but you can.

Map of hotels in ..... whatever city. Lists all the hotels so if you want one close the highway, you know which one to call. You can even read the reviews of the hotels.

So those are the three that I use a lot. Are there any other hidden ones that are useful?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones