• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice recording app that doesn't require all kinds of permissions

britteva

Mar 7, 2011
I am looking for a decent voice recorder that doesn't require unneccesary permissions (why would a recorder need internet access, access to read contact data, receive sms etc). I notice that a lot of the apps I found want to modify or delte SD card contents. Is this neccessary?

I am only going to use it to record interviews so it doesn't need to be superior-recording-concert-quality. If it's not free that's also ok.

The app I use is Rehearsal Assistant. It does require permission to modify the SD card as that is where it saves the recordings and allows you to delete them directly from the app. The app is free and there is a great widget available (think it costs $.99) called Sound Recorder Widget for easy one touch recording.

http://market.android.com/details?id=urbanstew.RehearsalAssistant

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones