"Voice Search" stops responding

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by marauder, Feb 2, 2010.

1. marauder

marauder New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I have a Motorola Droid; today the Voice Search stopped working. I've not installed or even updated anything, have not changed any setting in any app anywhere- but it sticks on "Speak Now." Hitting Cancel makes it stop, but killing all apps and restarting didn't help, and problem continues. Any ideas of where to even start?

PS- the problem occurs when I have the browser open.

Advertisement

2. rickfriedman

rickfriedman New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    New York City
    It's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I have a Nexus One and I'm having the same problem today. Voice Search was working fine yesterday but, as of this morning it just sits there when I speak a search term. And, it doesn't matter if I have the browser open or not. Voice to text works fine everywhere else.

So, it seems there is probably something going on at Google's end.

3. sdcoiner76

sdcoiner76 Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This started happening to me this morning also. Was working fine and then when I try to do a voice search the box comes up but does nothing else. I can't get it to search for anything and does not even seem like it is hearing what I am saying. I can hit cancel to make the box go away.

As an update: My Voice dialer seems to work. Any application that uses the Voice Search though seems not to work.

4. marauder

marauder New Member

Jan 22, 2010
  5. jimstoic

jimstoic New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I awoke to voice search not working as well. :mad: Thanks, Punxsutawney Phil! :thinking: Presumably Google 'll get 'er going soon.

6. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
  7. jimstoic

jimstoic New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    It's Groundhog Day--Punxsatawney Phil? Anyway, I'm on the phone with Verizon now. The tech support guy says voice search works on the Droid he's using there.

8. rickfriedman

rickfriedman New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    New York City
    Well, as I said, it's also happening to me on my Nexus One on T-Mobile so it's not carrier or phone specific. There's something else going on... the common denominator?? Google right?

Rick

9. jimstoic

jimstoic New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Verizon had me do a Factory Data Reset (after removing the SD card to protect my data), and now Voice Search works. I have to download all my apps again, but this gives me a chance to dump the ones I wasn't using anyway. (The app store gives me a list of my apps for redownload.)

10. tdk2008

tdk2008 New Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Hey Guys,

mine wasent working this morning as well and it seems to be back online its connected to a server as mentioned earlier in the thread.

regards