Voicemail with no missed call?Support

Last Updated:

1. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This has happened to me at least a handful of times now with the Ally. I'll check my phone and I'll have a notification of a new voicemail, but with no indication that I ever missed a call in the call log or anywhere else. Is this how it's supposed to work? If you miss a call but no message is left, you get a "missed call" alert, but if they do leave a message, you just get a voicemail alert? Or is something goofy going on? Kind of annoying that I can't just quickly check the call log to see who it might have been. Instead I have to call in and listen to it. Is this to pressure people into using Visual Voicemail? I don't pay to have that on my plan.

Advertisement
  2. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

As with any other cell phone, if the phone rang, you'll get a missed call irrespective of voicemail.

Most common reason for what you describe is lack of service when the call is being placed.

3. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

I live out in the country most of the time I have 1 bar or less so it happens regularly to me when I am at home.

4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I live in Chicago but this Ally is pretty terrible usually getting 1 bar most of the day. Guess that explains it. Never had this issue with Verizon or LG phones before. Now I just miss calls for no reason. Oh well. Thanks.

5. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

I think verizon has a vmail to vmail feature. (Idk if that's what its called). Meaning you can be in your voicemail and send a message to another voicemail without ever calling the phone. Or like he said it could also be lack of reception when the call was placed.