• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume Up button is now Home Button

wstubbs76

Lurker
Jun 2, 2010
Android Version: 2.2.2
Network: On Tigo in Paraguay (An edge network)
Taskkiller: not anymore, but used to have one
Not rooted

Hello,
I have had my Desire for about 2 or 2 and a half years now. A while ago somehow I managed to mess something up so that now whenever I press the volume up button it acts like the home button. It still turns the volume up, so if you just want to increase the ring volume it is ok, it just keeps cycling through the home screen and the screen where it shows all of your homescreens at the same time, but if you are trying to increase the media volume from inside an app it is really annoying because each time you press volume up, it increases the volume one notch, but goes back home, so then you have to go back to the app and press it again and repeat (or go into settings and change the media volume from in there)
I don't know too much about phones and operating systems, so it has never been rooted or anything like that by me, just using the stock os and sense and stock apps downloaded from the market/play store. I did buy it in China, from the "grey" market, but it is a real HTC phone, although it did come unlocked.
Any ideas on what this might be?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones