• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
what rom/kernel are u using? was it loud before, and then all of a sudden went quiet? have u tried a different ringtone that may be recorded louder than your current one? if this is a newer issue for you, have u recently made any changes or installed any new launchers or apps that may have replaced system apps? have u tried just restarting? more info please...

Upvote 0
wow. crazy. well, send me a PM right now with a reminder to check the kernel for the audio drivers, and i will dig thru the kernel's source code when i get home and see if i can find an adjustment in the coding to raise the max volume. have u maybe looked for an app that controls system volume? maybe even an eq app? if u can find an app that can adjust system audio settings AND has a preamp adjustment, that might b a quick fix for your problem.

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
hey, u could give this a shot if u want:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20404229&postcount=1

its the DSP Manager from the CM team. some people have claimed they have pulled more system volume out of their devices with it. at a quick glance, i believe it replaces the stock audio drivers with a higher quality one. worth a shot! PLEASE note that i have NOT tried this yet personally, so i cant guarantee results, or even safety of flashing this. so please... do a CWM backup beforehand if u r going to try flashing this driver! i DO know that the Venture is well known for having issues with the aftermarket "Beats Audio" driver, but that doesnt necessarily mean this wont work. in conclusion, this may work, may not... read their instructions, and do a backup first. if you try this, please post results, positive or negative! good luck!

Upvote 0
lame. oh well. worth a shot! ive been doing research tho, and think i might b able to come up with a kernel with the max volume raised past stock. i still need to do more studying before i attempt to modify the source and build it, but it IS possible from what ive found. of course, if i successfully build it, and u crank ur speakers too high, its possible to blow them out... just a warning. but if your speakers are for some reason quieter than stock should be, i dont see a problem. ill keep u updated on my progress!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones