• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vortex T10M Pro Not Recognizing Installed SD Card

priruss357

Lurker
Oct 20, 2023
Cool tablet, but I really want to put a bunch of books on an SD card and use it to read them. However, I have tried several different SD cards, formatted according to the instructions, but this tablet does not recognize any of them. Further, the instructions and illustrations in the owner's manual for accessing SD card content are completely different from what I am seeing on my tablet. How do I access the SD card installed in my tablet? The manual references a "Settings" option, but none of the settings options I see on this tablet contain any information about the installed SD card. Thanks in advance.

I think I'm just going to pitch this thing and get a tablet that actually works. The screens and procedures shown in the instructions do not match in any way what I actually see on the tablet when it is turned on. I suspect that there is an overlay operating system that supercedes the actual operating system, or it has been hacked.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
via google? what do you mean? a file manager is an app. it should be in your app drawer. sometimes the provided file manager is not as robust. try this one ASTRO File Manager & Cleaner - Apps on Google Play
I used Google to help me find the onboard file manager app. I ran the tablet again and ran the app, but it still doesn't show that I even have an SD card installed.

I think my first impulse to get rid of the thing and get one that actually matches the provided instructions was a good one. But thanks for the link you provided.

Upvote 0
i'm not a big fan of off branded devices. sure they are cheap, but their support and troubleshooting can be very difficult. most of them do not even run well. it is just not worth it for the price. a cheap samsung tablet will be much easier to use and you have support for it as well.
It is from one of those government programs. The price was right anyway. Had to expect it, I guess.

Yeah, Samsung or Nook for me.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones