• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vote for an XDA forum!

Which one of those is easiest to compile from source? I was thinking about compiling a PA ROM then port it over
compiling/building isnt the same as porting as most think of it. When working with src, you are reconfiguring the src for said device.

Porting is taking a already compiled ROM and changing a handful of files out with ones for the target device. I refer to this as dirty porting, since some refer to building/compiling CM src as porting CM.
Was just picking roms at random. How about ... Sense! :p
OEM skins SUCK!!! :p

Compiling the ROMs isn't going to be the issue, its getting them to work on your device ;)
truth, but atm any cm9 based rom can prolly be built using our repo(s), tho they all will have the same if not more issues than we currently have. ;)

Upvote 0
Personally I avoid XDA, most of the devs there can be outright rude (sometimes with good reason, but it's still unnecessary; Neph is a perfect example of a dev that can handle repetitive noob questions very patiently ;)) and as Neph mentioned many of them are not really even devs, just porters and themers... I will not install anything on my phone that was messed with by somebody that doesn't know what they are doing. We've had a few come and go here, making big promises that they couldn't deliver on, that would be a bigger problem on XDA. I say if someone's interested in deving for the Spectrum let them come here, where the core knowledge and experience already exists.

I got very aggrivated trying to get info over there. You have to field through so much juvinile garbage to get information. It reminds me of Romper Room. They have some talented people, but there is always so much drama and fighting mixed in with the information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones