• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (VS450PP)Unnamed Rom

myfishbear

Android Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2010
NJ
Unnamed rom for the verizon Exceed 2
Based off of vs450pp1 and vs450pp2
Screenshot_2015-12-17-20-51-13.png
Screenshot_2015-12-17-20-52-22.png

This rom
-is-
Rooted
Themed icons and updated apps
has an improved keyboard and newer lg launcher
gallery has been replaced as well as clock
dpi is set to 220 vs 240
it has the stagefright patch
and
its deodexed

Directions:
1. Boot into twrp and wipe system cache and data
2. Reboot recovery
3. Use twrp to flash zip!

-Changes-

v- 1.0
-Initial Release

http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/Exceed_2_vs450pp/Roms/LG_Exceed2_unnamedrom_v1.0.zip

Last edited:
Sooo… no ideas about the updater binary script errors? I say errors because I get the same thing flashing the deodexed/debloated one too… if its just removing some lines from the script like I did before I just need to know where to start deleting lol Also if its doing it on the others could there be something wrong with my twrp? Or I'm missing something sh.t idk… wah wah wah… guess its back to flashing my lil galaxy exhibit for now

Upvote 0
I am on VS450PP2. Rooted with the Towelroot with the mod strings settings and installed TWRP.

Trying to flash this I got updater binary script errors also. What I noticed when looking at the updater_script file is there was a lot of Symlink items that referred to files that where not anywhere to be found. like the one below

symlink("/firmware/image/adsp.b00", "/system/etc/firmware/adsp.b00");

Upvote 0
So did you have an unlocked boot loader and if so did you go back to locked or something ? Just wondering cuz that looked like the bumped twrp but I could be wrong.. I unlocked mine just cuz I never have unlocled one before and I can't get the damn laf. file to work again so that kdz he made that's recovery flashable will it reset the BL and DL mode? Just figured if theres a bumped twrp why unlock especially if its causing the flash errors somehow ..but idk I'm still fairly new to the more advanced sh.t lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones