• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

waiting on a replacement Droid X... why?

really inaccurate gps
You've probably done this, but just in case - make sure the GPS Location is set to on -- if not, it will attempt to find your "location" from the closest cell tower - which will look pretty darn inaccurate.

• Settings
  • Location & Security
  • Make sure you check "Use GPS satellites" (as opposed to "Use Wireless Networks")

It's not set to use GPS by default. And turn it off when you don't need it - it's a pretty significant battery drain.

Upvote 0
Errrrrrrr... I received my replacement X and it has the infamous speaker buzz instead of a dead pixel... Just my luck. I'm 0/2 right now. :(

Maybe its because they don't care about putting any packing materials in the fedex box. My first X had no bubble wrap at all. My replacement had one big bubble that does nothing at all. What is wrong with the people that pack these things.

Upvote 0
Errrrrrrr... I received my replacement X and it has the infamous speaker buzz instead of a dead pixel... Just my luck. I'm 0/2 right now. :(

Maybe its because they don't care about putting any packing materials in the fedex box. My first X had no bubble wrap at all. My replacement had one big bubble that does nothing at all. What is wrong with the people that pack these things.

I got mine delivered today and I wouldn't call it a speaker buzz but at times I notice a reverberation. On the same hand it seems louder than my first one.
Should I just deal with it or go for number three? Maybe just grab a Vibrant? AHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Upvote 0
I got mine delivered today and I wouldn't call it a speaker buzz but at times I notice a reverberation. On the same hand it seems louder than my first one.
Should I just deal with it or go for number three? Maybe just grab a Vibrant? AHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

If my next one has it, then Im going to pick the best of the two and send the other back. Its annoying, but not unusable live some of the other issues. Too bad motorola's quality sucks so bad on these. Other than the issues, its the coolest phone I have had. And I've had all the previous iphones and several other smart phones.

Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone is familiar with Dane Cook here, but I've heard that the DX speaker buzz is the sound that makes people want to punch a baby....

On a serious note though, if mine has any of these defects being listed when I get it, I'm punching like 17.23 babies... and a koala bear.

Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone is familiar with Dane Cook here, but I've heard that the DX speaker buzz is the sound that makes people want to punch a baby....

On a serious note though, if mine has any of these defects being listed when I get it, I'm punching like 17.23 babies... and a koala bear.

It made me feel like punching babies. The first thing I did was bypass activation and inspect my replacement for dead pixels. Everything was perfect about the phone, I was psyched. I go to activate it and it sounds like there is a fly buzzing around my head... I was sooo pissed. I didn't even bother finishing the activation and just threw it right back in the Fedex box. So frustrating. Number 3 is on the way. :mad: Oh well, there are worse things in life. lol. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It made me feel like punching babies. The first thing I did was bypass activation and inspect my replacement for dead pixels. Everything was perfect about the phone, I was psyched. I go to activate it and it sounds like there is a fly buzzing around my head... I was sooo pissed. I didn't even bother finishing the activation and just threw it right back in the Fedex box. So frustrating. Number 3 is on the way. :mad: Oh well, there are worse things in life. lol. :rolleyes:

I agree with you man. This is what Im going to do to. But I have already resolved to the idea that it probably will have some sort of issue. And if the new ones issue is worse then my old one, then Im going to keep the old one and just move on. Its a badass phone, and honestly I surf, text and use the apps 100x more then I use it for an actual phone. And also, mine doesnt always buzz on every call. So It will work for now, until dare I say, apple finally gets an iphone out for verizon. Then Im going back. sorry.

Upvote 0
just curious who and why simple answers please I am sure the long ones can be found if needed.

OTA updated on 7-19 killed mine.

Thanks yall

OTA killed mine too

What do you guys mean by the OTA "killed" your phone?
Do you mean the ota killed your performance, or do you mean it literally rendered your X into a useless paperweight??
Interested because I have had several issues with mine since the ota, one being performance.

Upvote 0
Charging issues will not recognize wallcharger and takes a long time to charge via usb

This started exactly one week after OTA i have found similar occurances on some android forums

I hope replacement has 2.2 (i am an optimist)

VZ sending new replacement by or on 8-4-2010 ???

Other than that works perfect

Upvote 0
I dont see how the OTA could mess up so many phones..
Before the OTA my cell was normal with a bad battery life..after the OTA I get "dead pixels" when taking pictures..thats all..but I know its a software issue.
I rooted my cell and removed all the bloatware and my battery life went up all crazy.
So for me the OTA didnt do much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones