• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Waiting to download... Forever!

I am tech support so deeply technical articles don't scare. Feel free to get as deep as you can on this.
I have an issue with a custom made app for my company. It has been deployed to hundreds of devices throughout the country, but, this one device out of hundreds is having an issue.
The app will download a database update from the cloud every week automatically or every time an update to this weekly database is pushed from the system.
All devices receive these updates okay.
Once the update is triggered, when you swipe down from the top there is a new notification that states "Processing Route", then a timer of how long it has been running. Right below the progress bar it says: "The app is waiting to download the proces..."
What is it waiting for?
Usually all the other hundreds of phones will show this message for a couple seconds then they would immediately change to "Downloading" and the progress bar would show the progress of the download.
One time my user says that he waited for this for an entire weekend, and it would never finish waiting to download the proces...
I have already re-installed the app, cleared the cache, rebooted the phone, cleared the program data, reboot the phone all with the same results.
I cannot reset it to factory defaults due to company policy.
I found an article online that stated that the file ".android_secure" should be deleted, but I ran a search for that file and I didn't find it in the device.
Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.
This device is running Android version 5.0, on AT&T.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones