wallpaper color related to batterySupport

Last Updated:

1. Kp1387

Kp1387 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I believe I read somewhere on these forums about how a light or dark wall paper could have different affects on battery run time. So what color wallpaper will give me better battery life? Cuz what I'm experiencing right now is not acceptable.

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Try a very dark paper. I don't know what the "end all" answer is to AMOLED and how efficient it is with different color papers, but my basic understanding and common sense would guesstimate a dark black would use less energy than a white paper. However amoled sips juice as it is there are much better things to optimize in your phone that will save battery life imo the biggest drainer is polling apps and how often they poll. Have you read through the tips and tricks section on how to optimize battery life?

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

BLACK. Anything black and the pixels are actually off. White and light/bright colors are the worst for AMOLED because that means all the pixels are lit.

4. Kp1387

Kp1387 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am currenty using a black background. And yes I have skimmed through the battery tips and tricks. It just seems like my battery is draining every so quickly.

5. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

The darker everything is, the better your battery life. I forget where it was, but basically an all white screen for us uses a fraction of the battery of an LCD screen, while an all white one uses multiple times more battery life. It has to do with the AMOLED and the way it can turn on and off pixels individually. The more you have off (black), the better your battery.

6. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Fixed.