• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wallpaper color related to battery

Try a very dark paper. I don't know what the "end all" answer is to AMOLED and how efficient it is with different color papers, but my basic understanding and common sense would guesstimate a dark black would use less energy than a white paper. However amoled sips juice as it is there are much better things to optimize in your phone that will save battery life imo the biggest drainer is polling apps and how often they poll. Have you read through the tips and tricks section on how to optimize battery life?

Upvote 0
The darker everything is, the better your battery life. I forget where it was, but basically an all white screen for us uses a fraction of the battery of an LCD screen, while an all white one uses multiple times more battery life. It has to do with the AMOLED and the way it can turn on and off pixels individually. The more you have off (black), the better your battery.

Upvote 0
The darker everything is, the better your battery life. I forget where it was, but basically an all black screen for us uses a fraction of the battery of an LCD screen, while an all white one uses multiple times more battery life. It has to do with the AMOLED and the way it can turn on and off pixels individually. The more you have off (black), the better your battery.

Fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones