• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warning! Beware of SECOND ics update 4.0.4

kauvio

Sep 22, 2010
The SECOND ics update Contains a few bugs and you are better off staying on build number 4.1.A.0.562, or even with gingerbread.

There is the led notification bug where the sms light wont blink if your screen is turned off. This is all over the place in sony's forum.

Another one is the media storage bug, discussed here

http://androidforums.com/sony-erics...player-not-updating-songs-list-after-ics.html

I had this problem after updated to 4.0.4
I believe this is a bug because i have since reverted to 4.0.3, and have not experienced this problem anymore. I do not have to clear media storage data to get my music player refreshed.

Of course, in the process of downgrading using flashtool, it is said that i have voided warranty, but in any case...my phone is st18a, north american version, but flashing the st18i firmware seems to work fine so far

The first update is the best though...there is absolutely no point in upgrading to 4.0.4 in my opinion
Lesson learned for kauvio

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones