warranty question

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any kind of warranty or protection plan i can get on the droid after owning it this long from launch either from verizon or motorola

Advertisement
  2. iamloco724

Anyone with info on this?

3. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

TEC insurance through Verizon?

4. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

If it's past 30 days, I don't think Verizon will let you add insurance. You can try adding a personal electronics policy to your home owner's/renter's insurance, but that's only allowed in some states with some insurance companies.

There might be squaretrade policies you can buy too. I've never dealt with them, so I don't know if they're worth it.

5. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

Verizon, Asurion and SquareTrade all require you signing up for warranty/insurance within 30 days and are very strict about the 30 day limit.

6. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

I bought my Droid from Walmart about 3 weeks ago. Works great, no problems yet.

But, I'd be interested in purchasing insurance for this, too. If I take the Walmart receipt to Verizon, will they allow me to get insurance on it?

AND,

If something happens to it (lost, stolen, whatever), how much do I have to pay to get another Droid?

Will they ask to see the Droid before they insure it? (It's rooted right now.)

7. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

squaretrade warranty

8. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

You should be able to call Verizon to add the Asurion protection right over the phone-no checks/inspection involved, just call them from it so they know it is functioning properly. It is $6.99 a month if I am right. Since they deem the Droid an "advanced" device, the replacement deductible is $89- the rates just went up recently.

Still better than $500 for a new Droid if something happens to it...

EDIT: My own question..With an insurance claim do they give you a NEW droid or just a "Like-New" device?..

9. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Its $6 a month and they will give you a refurb unless they are out of refurbs, then you might get lucky and get a new one.

10. iamloco724

Whawhat if it was bought as a gift in mov and given to the person in january how does the 30 day rule work then

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

From the verizon website...

You have 30 days from the date of activation of a new device to enroll in Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage.