• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wasted $15 on Clarivue

MisterMixelpix

Android Expert
May 4, 2010
PA
NOTE: this is just my story, these things are probably great if you can get 'em on.

So today my order of Clarivue screen protectors came in. I wasn't totally on board with these things due to the stories about the fit, but figured I'd try them anyway. They came in the mail with a nice little package and a cleaning cloth, all good, right?

Quick backstory: I have slightly shaky hands. Not good for something like this.

The first cover took 15 minutes to get lined up, and in the process required so many peel-offs and realignment that the edges were all chewed up and looked like shit. Fine, I got two, let's try again.

Number two was no better. I had it lined up, only to discover that there were three bubbles that weren't moving... due to teeny dust flecks under there. Great. Peel off the cover, use a little tape, do it again. More flecks. Repeat. Over and over. I could NOT get the dust off of the back of this thing once it stuck on there. Just wasn't happening. Frustrated, I just crumpled this one up.

LESSON: be careful with these things. Let's hope I do better with the Wrapsol. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones