• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch google TV recordings on Android phone?

RobinPLA

Lurker
Oct 19, 2010
I have wanted to get a slingbox for a while to stream video from my DVR at home on my cell phone (and at work:). Will it be possible to watch google TV recordings on my Android phone or over the internet? If so, I don't need a slingbox and would give myself and early Christmas present tomorrow :)

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Robin

GoogleTV doesn't pursay record TV at all or stream it, it's streams Internet Video like YouTube, and Podcasts and controls your Cable or Satellite box/DVR, it acts as a in/out inbetween for your HDMI feed giving it added webbrowsing abilities, etc.. The slingbox will stream live TV to your Phone - I use one with a Droid X and works great, and just got the Google TV (Logitech Revue) also works great. So if you want to stream live TV, or DVR recorded TV to your phone your still going to need the Slingbox..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones