Watch out for bootleg Batteries on Amazon/Ebay...

Last Updated:

1. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Active Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a backup battery for my Droid. It was on Amazon for around $30.00. It was advertised as a Motorola BP6X battery, but it is not. It is a bootleg,when you put it into your phone a question mark(?) shows up on the battery icon. It wont charge up at all. It also has a bigger Hologram sticker than my original, along with smaller battery leeds indicating BOOTLEG.. Beware Buy directly from Motorola...
    Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Or buy from Seidio...they have a replacement battery that was around $25 when it was first released. They are a very reputable vendor.

3. rotor george

rotor george Active Member

Can we see a photo of the one you received?

Thanks for the heads up!

4. rhyno

rhyno Well-Known Member

I'm sure you know this, but amazon's return policy is fantastic. You shouldn't have an issue getting a refund on it. Thanks for the head's up though.

5. 747tech

747tech Active Member

I don't buy memory cards from Ebay or Amazon either. I have purchased more than one obvious knock off from them.
    If they worked I wouldn't care but they are junk.

6. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

A bad battery can really jack up your phone. Buy from the manufacturer or carrier, and I do trust Seidio batteries. I have had them for 3 different BlackBerrys and they all worked great!

7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Three words:

O.E.M.

If they state that ... you're golden. If they don't ... don't buy it. But I don't pay retail for ANYTHING! ;)

Just checked out the link provided by the OP. I could possibly be an out-of-box failure. It happens. I would try to exchange or return it.

8. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Never buy a Chinese battery! They are very inconsistent. Japanese batteries are the best.