• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watching movies

soportal

Lurker
Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

I have a Coby Kyros MID7024 tablet with Android 2.2. One application of my interest is watching movies in avi format. These films usually have a size of 1.3 to 1.5 Gbytes. The movies look good but if I try to advance them, it is impossible to go over approximately one hour duration. I've tried several players (mVideoPlayer, Zimly, Meridian and the player included with Android) and all them do the same. Does Android handle large files well?. Any ideas?

Greetings.
soportal

Not sure I understand what the issue is here, but you should not have any problems with large file sizes.

Try also MoboPlayer or VitalPlayer, since these are very capable apps.

Also, try to convert your videos to something that is native to Android. The recommended format is H264 Baseline Profile in MP4 container.

You can use the guide in my signature to convert videos using Handbrake on PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones