• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Water Cooler Rumors and Gossip

Does anyone have any info on the Nokia X that is supposed to run Android? Nokia has always had decent cameras. I'd be interested in what flavor of Android, and where it would be available.

I can't see Microsoft putting out an Android Nokia phone, it would be an admission that Windows Phone is a failure and undermine the whole brand. I'd like it to happen, though. Nokia makes nice stuff.

Upvote 0
I can't see Microsoft putting out an Android Nokia phone, it would be an admission that Windows Phone is a failure and undermine the whole brand. I'd like it to happen, though. Nokia makes nice stuff.

I hate to disagree with you Gmash, but this was published just yesterday. :)

"Round The Rumor Mill: Microsoft Still Plans to Release Nokia X Android Phone"

You take a phone with weak hardware. Put an old version of Android on it. MS then says how much better a windows phone is. Simple logic. :)

Upvote 0
I hate to disagree with you Gmash, but this was published just yesterday. :)

"Round The Rumor Mill: Microsoft Still Plans to Release Nokia X Android Phone"

You take a phone with weak hardware. Put an old version of Android on it. MS then says how much better a windows phone is. Simple logic. :)

Meh, if it ever sees the light of day, it looks like something slated for third-world countries. Maybe they have an internal team who has to keep a toe on the Android waters so they'll be somewhat prepared when Windows Phone finishes dying its slow death.

Upvote 0
Microsoft "seriously considers" bringing Android apps to Windows Phone
Read more at RUMOR: Microsoft "seriously considers" bringing Android apps to Windows Phone

Honestly I hope they don't do this. I love android but I also believe that windows phone and windows operating system could be amazing if developers would do better. Windows is a great os and I use it everyday. They could compete with android. I don't know why its not doing so well. If I had the money, I'd probably buy a surface pro. But here's the thing. I don't need another full blown computer. I can't justify $1100 for a tablet in which a $500 Samsung tablet could furfill all my needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones