WavesecureSupport

Last Updated:

1. scollie

scollie Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've had Wavesecure installed for quite some time now and today the market app said that there was an update available to download. I clicked on it and there was a Note as follows:

Due to a Samsung Galaxy firmware bug it can't be supported

The version number is shown as 3.0.0.62

I haven't updated because as far as I was aware the previous version was working ok, though it often sent emails to my wife stating that my phone had been stolen - usually when I was updating the rom etc.

Has anyone else tried this latest update?

Advertisement
  2. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Good spot. This is the changelog it refers to.

Android change log

There's a question in the attatched forum to which the devs reply "The Galaxy has a firmware issue that causes WaveSecure to lock up on every phone restart. Due to this, we do not official support Samsung Galaxy."

However, the original question posed was regarding the Spica, and it only says it's not "officially" supported.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect this is a false alarm. After all, I've not seen any issues with it previously. Might be worth contacting them though.

3. DemonDomen

DemonDomen Active Member

I've had problems with occasional random locks.

4. Frojd

Frojd Well-Known Member

I used Wavesecure for a couple of days and it locked the phone down on one of two reboots. Uninstalled it after that.