Weak signal help?Support

Last Updated: 2012-11-04 11:40:14
  1. Kootenanny

Kootenanny New Member

So, I got a new Note, but I can't get a signal at home. My previous BBY and my wife's iPhone work fine here.

In "status," signal strength is listed as -113 dBm, 0 asu; Mobile network type is "unknown."

Is it just that the Note has an inferior antenna than the iPhone? Is there anything I can do to fix the situation, short of getting a booster? (I've noticed this phone doesn't seem to pick up as strong a signal as my BBY did, anywhere).

Thanks for any info.

Advertisement
  2. Kootenanny

Kootenanny New Member

OK, got it figured out...it was as simple as removing the case that I'd purchased and installed right in the store, which incorporates a thin metal sheet for strength...
  3. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Yeah, those cases with metal backs are known to affect signal strength.

Glad you got it figured out.
  4. bishee

bishee New Member

I am sitting here, in my car and am typing this on my iPad. I have my wife's iPhone with me. I am streaming Sky tv news in the UK on the iPad and the signal strength on both of them is showing three bars (out of five). Mails and calls are not a problem.

My new Galaxy Note 2 is not displaying a signal. It is not what I expected and is not what I need. I bought it three days ago and would like anyone to let me know how the signal can be improved before I send it back as unfit for purpose. It is not housed in any case.
  5. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member