Weather Clock Animation since latest OTAGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but the screen animation for the Clock/Weather widget has been acting up since the latest OTA which was supposed to "fix" it.

Before the OTA, I had no issues with it whatsoever. Whenever I unlocked my screen, the animation played within 1 second, usually immediately.

Now it takes a few seconds to play the animation... and then this... Twice now, I've unlocked my phone and gone to an app before the animation plays. THEN, while I'm in the app, the animation plays on top of it! First it was the app drawer... I opened it up and scrolled down, then all of sudden clouds were moving across the screen. Nothing would stop it, I just had to let it play out.

Then just now, I unlocked my phone, and went to Gmail to check my mail. As Gmail opened, clouds ventured across the screen again.

Anyone else notice this behavior since the latest update? I've also had more lag than I've ever had since this OTA... my phone never had any major issues before

Advertisement
  2. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

yes, I had the same problem after the 2.1 ota. I finally just dumped the htc weather widget and am using The Weather Channel widget. It is not as flashy but actually has lots more information. The htc stock widget to me seemed to be the source of many lag and force closing problems I had after the ota. It just wasn't worth it.

3. jawiler

jawiler Member

I haven't had any problem with the animation playing, but the other day it showed that it was snowing and 71 degrees outside instead of raining. I had to refresh the data to correct.

4. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

I just find it worth it when I'm showing it off to people, so I leave it on there. I do tend to wonder how much faster my phone would be if I took it off though.

5. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

You could always get beautiful widgets and it even has animations after unlocking the phone, but I'm not sure how the animation performs on the Eris.

6. dg370

dg370 Active Member

I removed the clock. Animation is BS on the Eris. I also disabled weather sync. Phone is more responsive with improved battery.

7. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member

Probably a settings issue. A factory reset should solve your problem.

8. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

There does seem to be a slight delay to the animation, but I have never had it run over anything else. I removed the weather/clock widget yesterday since everyone seems to blame issues with the phone on it.

9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'd suggest simply deleting the widget from your home screen and then adding back. It's not uncommon to have to 'reset' widgets that way.

10. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Have you noticed any difference? If so, is it worth not having something else to show off to my Iphoney co-workers?

11. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

Ya i've noticed some glitches here and there but if you really hate it then you can turn it off by removing the widget, adding it again and unchecking the "animations" box

12. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not gonna remove the widget because, honestly, that was part of the reason I got the phone. I like the eye candy that Sense UI provides. I also don't want to do the factory reset option, because it isn't necessary. Of course the phone will run smoother after a reset, but how often will that be needed? Not worth it in my opinion and optimizing the phone is definitely possible.

I'm just dumbfounded (or not) that an update that was supposed to "fix" issues with the widget (were there any issues with it to begin with?), actually had the adverse effect on my phone.

13. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Well-Known Member

Install BeautifulWidgets and use the beautifulclock widget (there's one that looks like the stock HTC widget). It gives you the option to disable the weather animation. I did have to disable/enable/disable-again for the animations to go away. MUCH better without them!

14. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

The phone seems the same to me. But I haven't made a lot of calls. No signal neat my home. That's the network, not the phone.