1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Weather widgets, ugh

Last Updated:

1. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have found that most of the weather Widgets either look very pretty or are functional and accurate. Never both! I have yet to find one that does both well. I really like the weather apparently and have tri ed a bunch of them.but have yet to find one u really really like. Weather bug is accurratr but the widget is kind of boring. The weather Widgets widget looks great on my desktop but is innacurate and gets a lot of forecast error messages. Any suggestions

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Try downloading Beautiful Widgets. Beautiful Widgets v2.223 Application for Android | News & Weather

It comes with a clock/weather widget. It is similar to Weather Widget, but way more accurate. It also comes with many other different widgets. For $1.50 it is worth it.

3. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

^^^yeah that

4. ryno2292

ryno2292 Member

I'll third beautiful widgets, have had it installed since I got my droid.

5. pizzachef

pizzachef Well-Known Member

Careful, it doesn't work with a home screen replacement tho.

6. chunkxzor

chunkxzor Member

Works with GDE on my G1, i bought it today and love it

7. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I can confirm that it works with the following:

GDE
    Panda Home
    Home++
    aHome

I would dare to guess that perhaps you are running a task killer and you have forgotten to add an exception for the update service.

8. pizzachef

Well I've never downloaded it, I read that in the Android Tapp review (and read it elsewhere, but don't have links)
    http://www.androidtapp.com/beautiful-widgets/

it was more of a problem with the home replacements not supporting Beautiful Widgets, I guess they've come around. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

9. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

Wait, what do you mean by "Home Screen Replacement?"

10. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

A home screen replacement simply replaces your stock home screen. You can apply different skins, icons, fonts, etc. Certain home replacements come with different widgets, and features.

All home replacements have pros and cons. At the end of the day it is all about personal preference.

My personal reason for using a home replacement is because most replacements allow you to add more screens. For example, I have a G1, and the stock home only has 3 screens. Now I usually switch between Home++ Beta and Panda Home (I like to change things up a lot). One of my other favorites is GDE.

Just search the forums for different reviews and opinions about the various home replacements.

P.s. Sorry everyone for not keeping with the topic. Just trying to help others out.

11. shizzy1427

thanks guys. i got Beautiful Widgets, its pretty nice, kinda big though.

12. Colburn0004

Colburn0004 New Member

I really like beautiful widget for functionality and Weather Widget for look and customization. I really wish someone could make a widget that molds these two together. Weather widget worked nicely til the last couple updates it constantly has errors. As for beautiful widget being big i would suggest beautiful home small I like it much better myself.

13. shizzy1427

Does that come with beautiful widgets? I dont have it on mine. But your definitely right about the constant errors with weather widget. I get forecast errors like mad that just come out of nowhere. It can be pretty frustrating.

14. pizzachef

I was getting the same thing...the latest update cleared it all up, I've been running good for a few days now with no forecast errors or forgetting the location.