Web browser with forward/back buttons, URL address and favorites toolbar?

1. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Active Member

I need a web browser that works like my desktop browser (Firefox) for my tablet. Navigating the internet on my tablet is making me feel so stressed and frustrated. I can't go back. I can't go forward. I can't quickly type in a new URL address. I can't access my favorites super easily.

I tried Dolphin HD and it didn't have any options for the navigation bar. I tried Maxthon and it did let you pull down the URL navigation bar, but it covered the top of the webpage instead of pushing it down. I am on a big tablet, not a phone, and I can afford a permanent navigation bar at the top of my screen that does not cover up the webpage. Plus, no back or forward buttons. I've heard the Android Firefox is slow, so I haven't even tried it.

Is there a decent browser that will let me have a permanent navigation bar like my desktop? This is making me so angry! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Try Xscope, seems to have all you're looking for.
    lovemuffin likes this.
  3. aysiu

aysiu Well-Known Member

Try Dolphin Mini. It has forward and back buttons always enabled on the bottom-left.
  4. Kicksilver

Kicksilver Well-Known Member

Try Boat browser.
    lovemuffin likes this.
  5. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Active Member

Nice. I just downloaded it and the browsing experience is already 1000 times easier, and I've used it for maybe 20 seconds so far, haha. Thanks so much! The other browsers are being uninstalled now!
  6. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Active Member

Xscope did just crash on me. Not sure if that's an isolated glitch or it'll be a problem. I'll check out Boat browser now...
  7. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Active Member

Boat browser is generally pretty good, it has the navigation controls I want, but the new tab button annoys me. Instead of just opening a new tab with my homepage, it asks me to google something. That might be a problem. I think actually the search and new tab buttons are too close together, because sometimes I can get it to open a new tab, but even if I tap the very edge of the screen away from the search buttom, it's still thinking I am pressing the wrong button. I don't know if I'll be able to tolerate that. Seems like a glitch. It happens even when I go full screen mode and hide the search button.

edit: I figured it out. One tap for search. Two taps for new tab. I'll see if I can get used to it now that I know how it works!
  8. Kicksilver

Kicksilver Well-Known Member

In settings, you can set the new tab to be opened with the default screen, which shows your speed dial.