• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Web Page Not Available

zect

Lurker
Oct 20, 2012
My Samsung Galaxy S2 began to respond with "Web Page Not Available" when attempting to access all web pages, even though it allowed me to continue calling my friends' cells and land lines in the US on Skype - which is through a web connection.

I have never had cellular or data service. I have used this phone mostly at home accessing the web via my router and on some occasions on free wifi and friends routers when traveling. It worked great this way and nothing changed except the new problem.

I switched from an older Lynksys router to a newer Tenda router (W268R) - same thing.

I finally reset the S2 to factory specs and it worked - for a couple of hours - then "Web Page Not Available".

What is going on? Somebody has got to know what the problem is. I have searched and found some other pages and posts about Samsung Galaxy s2s not connecting to the internet, but have not really found a good explanation of what causes this internet refusal, while allowing some things like Skype to continue working. How coult that be? It doesn't seem logical.

This was purchased this phone in the US on Amazon without any connection to a service provider - not sure if that means it's an "S2 International"

It would be incredible if anyone had a solution - I love this thing. Thanks for any input.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones