• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird things happening to my phone

jongo

Jun 24, 2010
Well i just powered it off and turned it back on and it went from like 84% battery life while on the charger to 100 when it powered back on and took it off the charger then it dropped down to 91% 10 mins after.

Another problem im having is with text messaging. Sometimes ill click someones name and it will goto a complete different person in my text messages not even below the persons name i clicked. And sometimes when i text the texting field freezes but nothing else and i have to exit for it to work. and people arent recieving my texts or im not getting theres alot of the time

Well the battery thing can be attributed to the phone running on its own battery once it reaches full charge, not charging even if its hooked up.

What messenger are you using? Stock, Hancent, Chomp? If its a 3rd party program, try uninstalling then reinstalling.You could back up files, then do a hard reset if its freezing as well, might fix all your problems, and give the phone a slight boost in speed.

Upvote 0
I noticed on mine after going to .3, while txting it would seem to "freeze". The prediction word that would be highlighted would turn grey, instead of green and i couldnt type any letters - however, if I hit the spacebar, the prediction word goes green and all is well, otherwise, I had to hit the power button on/off to type anymore. However I dont share any of your other problems, try this next time your txting "freezes" and let me know!

Upvote 0
FWIW - I have changed my charging habits and now get better battery life. I no longer charge over night. I went to bed last night with 20% remaining and woke up to 19% remaining. After checking emails, FB, news etc while drinking coffee, I left for work with 15% remaining. I charge the phone when I get to work and take it off the charger as soon as I notice the green indicator light.

I used to drop the first 10% within 10 minutes when I charged over night, now it stays pretty steady. As others have noticed, it does seem to use the first 25% or so lots faster (??) than the remaining 75%.

I have no problems going a full 12 hours using the phone like a laptop, and am confident in going 24+ hours with light use if I need to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones