Support Weirdness with USB and SD media scanning icons not going away

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wordgirl, Nov 19, 2010.

1. wordgirl

wordgirl Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Up in the lefthand corner. They are just sitting there. The media scanner says it's been running since 1:56 - that's 1:56 Monday afternoon, nearly a week.

Concurrently, I've noticed a significant drop in battery life. I don't know if the two are related but I do know that those little icons are annoying. What's going on?

Advertisement
  2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Software Engineer
    What happens when you restart the phone? Do they reappear?

3. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Loganville, GA USA
    anyone else have this happen? Mine is currently stuck at 0%. Ive rebooted tons of times. I cant even open up my media gallery to get my pictures.

4. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL
    I had the media scanner stuck at 0% also. After repeated reboots among other things..deleted a few music files...can't really remember. But maybe try: settings>applications>manage apps>all>media storage>clear data, and reboot. I did this to also clear duplicates in the camera gallery

5. edjeep

edjeep New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    My Captivate just started having the same probems and I also have a hard time deleting pix it'll get stuck spinning its wheels and I have to force close it. Is there a fix, I heard of a new OS when is it available, I kinda miss the old one it was harder to connect to my PC but had way less issues.