Weirdness with USB and SD media scanning icons not going awaySupport

Last Updated:

1. wordgirl

wordgirl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Up in the lefthand corner. They are just sitting there. The media scanner says it's been running since 1:56 - that's 1:56 Monday afternoon, nearly a week.

Concurrently, I've noticed a significant drop in battery life. I don't know if the two are related but I do know that those little icons are annoying. What's going on?

Advertisement
  2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

What happens when you restart the phone? Do they reappear?

3. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

anyone else have this happen? Mine is currently stuck at 0%. Ive rebooted tons of times. I cant even open up my media gallery to get my pictures.

4. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

I had the media scanner stuck at 0% also. After repeated reboots among other things..deleted a few music files...can't really remember. But maybe try: settings>applications>manage apps>all>media storage>clear data, and reboot. I did this to also clear duplicates in the camera gallery

5. edjeep

edjeep New Member

My Captivate just started having the same probems and I also have a hard time deleting pix it'll get stuck spinning its wheels and I have to force close it. Is there a fix, I heard of a new OS when is it available, I kinda miss the old one it was harder to connect to my PC but had way less issues.